Sunday, September 12, 2010

Our other face, the borrowed robes.

As humans, it's only natural to want to be better then what you are, and it'd only natural to pretend or hide, but is there a point until something can't be hidden anymore?

I was waiting for my mother to come pick me up from an activity i was at and i had a little chat with a friend who made me realize how different i am with people and when I'm with certain other people. It's kind of funny because at some point, i almost believed i was what i was pretending to be, although i knew it was just an act.

But then we should explore why people act the way they do. I believe people do because it's been drilled into them from a young age and so, although they're a completely different person to what they present themselves to be, they still act the way they're expected to. My reason is a little odd i must admit but really, haven't you ever noticed that you act a way like it was 2nd nature simply because it had been drilled into you by your parents or something? And also, when we pretend too long we actually turn into that person but knowing we're still the other.

Maybe i'm just tired so it doesn't make sense... either way, just a thought

No comments:

Post a Comment